As world leaders in X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometers and producers of MALDI ToF Mass Spectrometers for Shimadzu Corporation, we at Kratos Analytical aim to support our customers in making a real difference in the world. Our state of the art instrumentation contributes to advancements in fields ranging from renewable energy to medical diagnostics at the world’s most prestigious academic institutions and technology companies.
This is no ordinary business so we are seeking a Buyer who is as enthused by our mission as we are. As a business we value your academic calibre and industry experience but you need to recognise you could be working with some of the world’s leading figures in their fields, so credibility is earned by what you deliver, not what you’ve done before.
As a Buyer you will work with a number of Buyers and interface with other departments, you will be responsible for:
- Purchase order creation and management.
- Ensuring parts arrive in line with materials planning requirements.
- Contributing to the monitoring of supplier performance.
- Achievement of Departmental material cost down requirements.
- Implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to supplier KPI measurement.
- Ensure compliance with all business regulatory requirements, eg, ISO 13485, ROHS.
- Contribute to achieving departmental cost down targets as set by and agreed with the Purchasing Manager.
- Facilitate delivery & invoicing queries
Our ideal candidate will have:
Experience within a manufacturing purchasing environment.
- Understands cost down techniques.
- Understanding of purchasing practices and processes.
- Commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of Materials Planning Systems.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with good attention to detail.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we look forward to receiving your application. Our hiring managers are incredibly selective as we have large numbers of well qualified candidates for every role, so please highlight how you meet our requirements. If you think you do have the attributes to join the team we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV with a covering letter marked for the attention of Laura Wilkins, HR Department, Kratos Analytical Ltd, Wharfside, Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester. M17 1GP or e-mail email@example.com.
While we do our best, we are unable to reply to every application therefore if you have not received a response within 30 days, your application has been unsuccessful.