Customer Support Engineer
- Take all actions necessary for fulfilling the service support function, with the target to satisfy our internal and external customers, in collaboration with the colleagues and Service support team leader when applicable
- Scheduling and prioritisation of Service Support duties, when assigned such responsibility by the Service Support Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager.
- Provide remote support to urgent calls from field service engineer and authorise dispatch of necessary material by exercising their professional judgment, in case the Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager cannot be contacted
- Carry out validation tasks when required, including risk assessments, generation of validation specifications, specified testing and the generation of associated reports.
- Assist in generating service kits for the field in the Team Leader or Service Manager’s absence.
- Sign MO orders / update CRM system accordingly.
Responsible to MALDI Service Manager for:
- Carry out schedule and support task in the global operation, as assigned by Service Support Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager.
- Travel to appropriate sites to carry out repair and maintenance operations in the most efficient and timely manner possible.
- Provide remote support via telephone or internet means to the global pool of field service engineers.
- Provide training to external and internal customers as assigned by Service Support Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager.
- Carry out validation tasks as required, including risk assessments, generation of validation specifications, specified testing and the generation of associated reports.
- Stay up-to-the-minute with all necessary technical information related to our supported instruments, essential for providing a first-class service to our customers.
- Assist Service Support Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager in scheduling activities.
- Provide feedback for the serviceability element of new product design, in collaboration with Service Support Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager.
- Provide feedback from field experience on existing products, in form of DCRs.
- Execute validation of Service Manuals and other service related material before publication, as assigned by Service Support Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager.
- Make use of all communications channels with global service force.
- Ensure timely resolution of service calls, including recording and reporting of final outcome, e.g. in BBS postings
- Preparation of Service related documents, e.g. service letters, service bulletins, etc., as assigned by team leader, e.g. manuals, BBS, service instructions, etc.
- Prepare and update service related web content for MALDI products and s/w, as assigned by Service Support Team Leader or MALDI Service Manager.
- Feedback on sales situation – prospects, sales etc,
- Liaise with sales personnel as appropriate, with service related information and training
Degree or equivalent professional qualification, specialising in electronics or system engineering
- Experience in servicing of MALDI Product or equivalent complexity equipment, including mechanical, optical and electronic components.
- Awareness of sales process desirable
- Desirable proven experience of providing service to customers with global exposure
Job Related Aptitude and Skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
If you think you have the attributes that would suit any of the jobs outlined above we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV with a covering letter marked for the attention of Laura Wilkins, HR Department, Kratos Analytical Ltd, Wharfside, Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester. M17 1GP or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
HR Department 22.11.2019