As world leaders in X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometers and producers of MALDI ToF Mass Spectrometers for Shimadzu Corporation, we at Kratos Analytical aim to support our customers in making a real difference in the world. Our state of the art instrumentation contributes to advancements in fields ranging from renewable energy and battery technology to medical diagnostics at the world’s most prestigious academic institutions and technology companies.
This is no ordinary business so we are seeking a Physicist who is as enthused by our mission as we are. As a business we value your academic calibre and industry experience but you need to recognise you could be working with some of the world’s leading figures in their fields, so credibility is earned by what you deliver, not what you’ve done before.
As a physicist you will be responsible for:
- Taking a project leading role for assigned projects.
- Developing Engineering specifications of new designs through simulation and theoretical studies.
- Detailed design and associated documentation. (XPS, ultra-high vacuum systems, control systems etc.)
- Designing and developing prototype assemblies.
- To keep up to date with literature in the field.
- Investigation of problems found on existing designs in engineering, test and from field failures.
- Providing technical assistance and advice to colleagues as required
A physics PhD and experience in the design of complex instrumentation is essential for this role
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we look forward to receiving your application. Our hiring managers are incredibly selective as we have large numbers of well qualified candidates for every role, so please highlight how you meet our requirements as best you can and feel free to contact Laura Wilkins if you have any questions.
While we do our best, we are unable to reply to every application therefore if you have not received a response within 30 days, your application has been unsuccessful.