As world leaders in X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometers and producers of MALDI ToF Mass Spectrometers for Shimadzu Corporation, we at Kratos Analytical aim to support our customers in making a real difference in the world. Our state of the art instrumentation contributes to advancements in fields ranging from renewable energy to medical diagnostics at the world’s most prestigious academic institutions and technology companies.
This is no ordinary business so we are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer who is as enthused by our mission as we are. As a business we value your academic calibre and industry experience but you need to recognise you could be working with some of the world’s leading figures in their fields, so credibility is earned by what you deliver, not what you’ve done before.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Investigating claims, failures and non-conformance to find root cause and taking countermeasures against them.
- Checking design outputs from engineering division to achieve good quality.
- Preparing documents for inspections at shipment and installation.
- Carrying out Internal ISO Quality audits and progress through their life cycle.
- Carrying out Goods Inward inspections – acceptance/rejection/quarantine.
- Dealing with quality issues related to internally manufactured product.
- Dealing with quality problems with parts from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Taking a proactive approach in the development and implementation of quality assurance to meet business, customer and regulatory needs.
- Offering solutions concerning quality discrepancies and process improvements based on data collection, trend analysis and reporting activities.
- Continuous improvement activities and resolution of any issues that arise on a day to day basis.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- HNC/HND level qualification in an engineering discipline or time served apprenticeship together with proven multi discipline experience within engineering manufacture.
- ISO9001 audit accreditation (13485 desirable)
- Aptitude in identifying, investigating, analysing and problem solving
- Flexible attitude with a “can-do” approach.
- Advanced test skills (e.g. use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc)
- Electronics and mechanical assembly skills.
- Experience with scientific instrumentation and vacuum related products.
- Experience in a quality assurance role
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we look forward to receiving your application. Our hiring managers are incredibly selective as we have large numbers of well qualified candidates for every role, so please highlight how you meet our requirements as best you can and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
While we do our best, we are unable to reply to every application therefore if you have not received a response within 30 days, your application has been unsuccessful.
HR Department 10th March 2020